Picky Kitty: Feeding the Inappetent or Anorectic Cat
Ensuring that a patient receives adequate nutrition may require intervention. This session will help you determine which patients need support, how to provide it (oral vs. feeding tube), how to calculate and ensure appropriate nutrition and when support can be discontinued.
- Objectives: Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to:
- · Perform a nutritional assessment
- · Score body and muscle condition
- · Place an esophagostomy tube
- · Calculate daily quantities of food for tube feeding